Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Rose

Okay, so I have a friend who is doing daily reviews of episodes of Doctor Who, starting with Rose from 2005. I think this is a brilliant idea. And I am willing to show my fair share of geekiness. So, I am going to do weekly reviews of Companions. And yes, I shall include the few that only stayed for barely two shows (Adam, Jack, Mickey). Today’s is Rose. I am going to give each one a symbol. Rose’s is a Heart shaped rose. <3 I loved Rose. She was my favourite companion until Amy and Rory came along. I think the reason that I loved her so much was that, as you all know, if you’ve been reading my stories (the nonexistent people that read these) I am a sap for love stories. And for one Rose was the first. I mean you saw how strongly the Doctor acted when he found out he was going to lose Amy and he didn’t even love her. She was the first person to see his new face. And that was true for Rose for 9 and 10. Only it was a different doctor, he had a less emotional breakdown, I’m sure it was absolute turmoil inside though. And Rose tore apart the fabric of space and time to get back to her Doctor . . . twice. I just, I don’t know, I loved how Rose’s character was so laid back with everything.

                “Are you alien?”

                “Yeah, is that okay?”

                “Yeah”

She was perfectly calm when that dalek had her captive in Dalek, because she knew that the Doctor was going to save her. And then right before she left in the fourth season, I almost died watching The Doctor’s face when Rose was kissing the Metacrisis Doctor. He was so sad. I don’t know, there’s just something about Rose that made me want to smile. And Rose’s memory still hasn’t faded seven years later.  I mean, when the Doctor was talking to Dorian’s head in the sixth season, he yelled “I could go back in time and help Rose Tyler with her homework.” This line was all it took to make a pang of joy jump into my throat. And then in Let’s Kill Hitler He asked the TARDIS database to show him an image of a person he liked. There was Rose, Martha, and Donna. But Rose was first. And that little tiny fact, I mean, yeah.  :) Rose wasn't just a shop girl and she thought that that was all she was. Talk about low self esteem?
P.S.  Haha. So, anyway, I have a new obsession. It's a show called Supernatural. Wow, it's wonderful. It's almost better than Doctor Who, almost. It ranks possibly on the same level of awesomeness. Well um, anywho, you guys should check it out. It's amazing.

2 comments:

  1. There's a few of the recent episodes that are really cool. I like the one where, ok I won't say exactly, but there's a song video from the '80s that uses the same concept, however I'm sure the idea originally came from an old sci-fi novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one? The name so that it doesn't give anything away.

      Delete